Located 140 kilometres from Dubai at the foot of the mountains, the historical city of Al Ain is known for its modern charms mixed with the lush, green beauty of public parks, gardens and wide boulevards. Also known as the Garden City, Al Ain is one of the most important agricultural centres & archaeological sites of the Emirates as well as an university town.
This tour is a discovery of the past and present, giving you an insight into an area that would later become part of the United Arab Emirates. The historical ruins and city museum bring to life the ancient Emiratis and the journey into modern day Arabia.
- This full day trip begins in the morning. Please prepare to block out approximately seven hours for the tour
- Dress code: conservative, knees and shoulders must be covered
- Not recommended for children below two (2) years old
- Please pack your camera and any snacks you would like to take along
- Comfortable shoes are strongly advised
- You will be picked up from your hotel at the agreed time
- The vehicle will take you to Al Ain
- First stop is Hili Gardens to view archaeological sites dating 5,000 years
- The next stop is Al Ain Palace Museum
- The vehicle then takes you to Al Ain National Museum
- The journey continues to the camel farm for an up close and personal view
- The last stop is Jahili Fort to view Wilfred Thesiger’s collection of photographs
- You are taken back to your hotel